Sunday, September 18, 2016

Last Transfer

Bula vinaka my friends and Family! This is Sister Singleton over here in Fiji!
As many of you know I have been serving in Lautoka for quite some time and transfer calls came this last tuesday. I just finished training Sister Sauvao and was expected to leave. What I wan't expecting was that I was being asked to Train again! My new companion and I would be going to an area that I didn't know yet and so we would be "whitewashing" it in mission terms. My trainee was also transferred out of Lautoka and I only had 24 hours to pack everything, clean the flat, and say goodbyes. I cried a lot. I have never been so sad to leave an area and especially the people. 

The next day, I took a bus to Suva to pick up my new companion and recieve trainings and then the next evening my companion and I got on a boat and headed to my new area. I am now serving in the Savusavu area on the island of Vanua Levu in Fiji! (go ahead and google it! :) )  It is a small branch apart of the Taveuni District. It is SO beautiful and the branch welcomed us with open arms. We were actually able to been a lot of the branch at the temple in suva and ride on the boat with them to savusavu which was A BIG blessing for me because I was nervous to go on the boat because I haven't been before. They took care of us during the whole 12 HOUR boat ride! It was crazy! This is a picture of my new companion and I in front of the boat. :) My new companion is Sister Tameifuna. She is from Tonga! She is great!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment